Missed a week.
Not much to think about with E5 that I can’t cover in E6 anyways.
Kate wasn’t going back to the temple the last time we saw her, with Hurley and Jack, but she ends up walking in anyways. There’s a missing part there. She’s run into someone who sent her to the temple, and not exactly to find Claire either. The top choices are either Locke, Jin or creepy jungle boy. She seems to have some knowledge of what’s going on in the end, not happy about it, but she has a new mission now.
Where the hell are Sawyer and Richard?
Are we supposed to believe that Dogen + Ash = Monster repellant? Or can Dogen fight and kill Smokey by himself, and Sayid make a hole in the ash allowing Smokey in?
Why are we avoiding the thing inside Locke’s name? “My Friend”, etc. Is it a name we already know? So strange.
Let’s jump all the way back to Season 2 when the others have Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, etc on the docks. Jack asks who they are and Ben replies “We’re the good guys.” Looking back, it’s probably true. As in they’re following Jacob and MiB is influencing the Losties making them the bad guys. If Claire is infected, then Rousseau probably was too. If you look at all of her actions, she was working towards the same end as Clarie. Blowing up the others as they came to the beach was her idea remember.
Just one quick one I haven’t seen covered elsewhere.
If Sayid has “the sickness”, who else have we seen in a similar situation? Seemingly dead, but CPR’d by Jack back to life?
And it was after that is when we saw the really Dark Charlie, relapsing, killing Ethan, having strange dreams, attempting to “baptize” Aaron, etc. Charlie was infected, but he was cured at some point and overcame the “darkness”. Was it from being close to the Swan hatch implosion, or maybe building the church with Eko? Either way, there’s hope for Sayid yet.
Thanks to Sunghee I’ve really enjoyed Lost. We’ve caught up in the past year or so thanks to Netflix.
Here’s some theories, thoughts, observations for the upcoming final season.
- John Locke is still Locke, not the smoke monster / man in black. But the Locke dead body is real, and he did die. How so? The bunnies in The Orchid station that were part of the time travel experiments actually duplicated. There were two Locke’s running around the desert. This also means there’s two Bens. This does not mean MiB cannot take over dead bodies.
- Every vessel (plane, ship, raft) that has come to the island has had various roles filled. There’s always been a doctor, and musician that I’ve seen. There’s probably also been a prisioner and a guard, a pregnant woman, etc. Why?
- Man in Black’s body was killed at some point, but his spirit cannot die. Same thing with Jacob.
- Whatever happens happened is the main rule. Alternate timelines don’t seem to fit in canon at this point. Faraday was always going to be killed by his mother, Jack was never going to help little Ben, etc.
- Faraday’s mother has his journal which has extensive information about what’s going to happen on the island for the next 30 years. This is shared with Charles Widmore, but not with Ben. Ben has some information, but he has too big of a role to play emotionally, so he has to be kept in the dark about most things.
- Charles Widmore is Penny and Desmond’s “Charlie”, and therefor, his own grandpa.